The Georgia Purchasing Group: Simplifying Procurement for Government Agencies
For public sector purchasing departments, finding ways to simplify and streamline procurement operations can be challenging. One of the most effective ways government buyers can reduce friction when sourcing goods and services is by participating in regional purchasing groups.
In the state of Georgia, BidNet Direct’s Georgia Purchasing Group brings together public agencies to facilitate access to a shared vendor pool and an expansive bid library, while also improving cooperation and communication between member agencies.
Buying agency benefits
Participating agencies in the Georgia Purchasing Group benefit from:
• A shared pool of pre-qualified vendors
• An extensive bid library with piggybackable opportunities
• Easy-to-use platform to centralize procurement initiatives
• The ability to create, issue and distribute bids
• A simple way to evaluate vendor responses with team members
• Fully tracked and auditable procurement process
• And many other benefits.
Vendors registered with the Georgia Purchasing Group are all interested in doing business with public sector agencies and can quickly and easily browse opportunities posted by members of the purchasing group. There are currently over 7,000 registered vendors looking to do business with government entities within Georgia covering nearly every Industry and NIGP code.
Registered vendors also benefit from the ability to review hundreds of government opportunities from across Georgia in one central location, with a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to find the bids that are relevant to their business. Vendors also gain access to exclusive opportunities only found with the Georgia Purchasing Group.
Once registered, vendors:
• Gain access to exclusive RFPs posted by Georgia Purchasing Group participating agencies
• Receive real-time notifications about matching bids and RFPs
• Get instant notifications about addendum distributed by buyers
• Gain complete access to online bid notifications
• Benefit from opportunities to promote their goods and services to interested buyers
• And much more!
How vendors can register with the Georgia Purchasing Group
Interested vendors can register with the Georgia Purchasing Group here. To register, vendors will be asked to provide basic information about their business and contact information for the person who will be responsible for the administration of the member account. After selecting their preferred subscription option, vendors can begin browsing bid opportunities!
With all of the benefits for buyers and vendors, it’s no wonder that public agencies are discovering regional purchasing groups. To find out more about the Georgia Purchasing Group, contact BidNet Direct at 800-835-4603.