The City of Jacksonville recently renovated the Jacksonville Riverwalk Marina located at 15 Kerr Street to include the construction of an observation pier with covered shelter,
a floating dock system with access gangways, a kayak launch, and utility services (potable water, firewater, and sanitary sewer pumpout) to support marina operations.
The City now plans to build an Open Air Pavilion with Restrooms at this same location that will include an elevator for ADA access, trex decking, standing-seam metal roof
with Hardie-board siding and potentially a ground-level outdoor shower.
A Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) is being sought from architectural or engineering firms that are qualified and interested in assisting the City of Jacksonville with developing
concept designs and construction documents for the project, including limited construction administration services.
Basis of Selection
The City will select a qualified architectural or engineering firm with whom to negotiate a contract using a qualifications-based selection process. Firms will be evaluated on their
demonstrated experience and expertise in designing coastal building structures, maximizing the use of existing conditions while delivering a project that meets the client's goals.
Evaluation of SOQs will be performed using a scoring system as follows:
- (10%) Compliance with instructions provided herein in preparation of the SOQ
- (45%) Experience and expertise in designing coastal building structures while maximizing the use of existing conditions to include opinions of probable construction costs
- (45%) Experience and expertise in developing concept renderings for commercial facilities
Submit two (2) hard copies of the SOQ. The SOQ should be no more than five (5) pages utilizing front and back. The information provided should include the following:
Inquires about and Submittal of SOQ
- Name of the firm and address;
- A listing of the primary contact person and his/her contact information;
- A narrative that describes why the City 'should select your firm for the services described herein;
- Brief descriptions of at least three (3) similar projects that includes the formal names of the projects and reference contact information. Provide detailed information regarding renovation scope, estimated budget and/or actual construction costs.
- A listing of City of Jacksonville project experience within the past five (5) years, if any. The listing only needs to provide the name of each project; no project descriptions are needed.
- The following items should be provided as attachments to the SOQ. These attachments shall not be counted as part of the five (5)-page limit previously noted.
- A listing of hourly billing rates charged by the firm for each position type.
- A statement that the firm will provide insurance as specified in Exhibit 1 - Insurance Requirements, and will provide a copy of the firm's current Certificate of Insurance upon request.
- FEDERAL CONTRACT PROVISIONS: The following federal provisions apply pursuant to 2 C.F.R. § 200.326 and 2 C.F.R. Part 200, Appendix II (as applicable):
- Equal Employment Opportunity (41 C.F.R. Part 60); Davis-Bacon Act (40 U.S.C. 3141- 3148); Copeland "Anti-Kickback" Act (40 U.S.C. 3145); Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act (40 U.S.C. 3701-3708); Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. 7401-7671q.) and the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (33 U.S.C. 1251-1387); Debarment and Suspension (Executive Orders 12549 and 12689); Byrd Anti-Lobbying Amendment (31 U.S.C. 1352); Procurement of Recovered Materials (2 C.F.R. § 200.322); and Record Retention Requirements (2 CFR § 200.324); and additional FEMA Contract Provisions as allowed by the Uniform Guidance Rules, all as defined in Exhibit F - City of Jacksonville Proposer /Vendor Federal Provisions Certification Form, which must be submitted with Bid Proposal.
- Inquiries concerning this Request for Qualifications should be directed to: Christy Baysden
Project Manager (910) 938-6527
SOQs should be sent to the following address: City of Jacksonville
Attn: Christy Baysden 815 New Bridge Street Jacksonville, NC 28540
Date for Submittal
SOQs are due no later than 3:00 pm on September 17, 2020.
RFQ prevails over Bidnet Posting.