Manitou Springs School District 14 is seeking professional master planning team to work collaboratively with the District to create a comprehensive facility master plan, and alternatively to lead the District through the BEST Grant submittal process. The District is in the process of retaining a firm to perform demographic studies that will provide the master planning team with critical information related to growth and to identifying the needs of the District and its schools. Beyond student count, the Manitou Springs School District is seeking the guidance from the master planning consultant to analyze the needs beyond space requirements and to move to a holistic view of what is best for the students of the District.
Intended outcomes of the Master Plan include, but are not limited to:
1. Analysis of demographic projections to determine the impact the District facilities.
2. Analysis of current and projected curriculum along with generating an understanding of student needs to determine how a modified curriculum would impact District facilities.
3. Review of facilities assessment data and existing facilities to determine highest and best use as part of the master plan. Review and assessment of life safety and code violations shall be documented.
4. Master Plan will include extensive community outreach and time with staff to further understand the District’s needs and goals, document them in the report, and guide the plan recommendations.
5. Generating and outlining a prioritization and a phased plan of proposed improvements along with recommended strategies, including costs and pros/cons. The proposed solutions will ultimately be refined to a single recommendation for each facility.