The primary work to be performed under this contract includes the pavement preservation of and widening of Pike Rd to provide a 5-foot bike lane/shoulder from S Sunset St to S Main St. Included in the project is the re-alignment of S Pratt Pkwy intersection, addition of left-turn lanes at the S Coffman St intersection, and minor widening of S Sunset St to accommodate bike lanes. Also included is the addition of a 2nd westbound travel lane on Pike Rd from S Main St to S Coffman St. Construction includes milling and overlay, roadway widening, storm sewer and water quality improvements, traffic signal relocation at S Sunset St and S Main St and a new traffic signal at S Coffman St, clearing and grubbing (tree removal), grading, erosion control, signage, and seeding. The Contractor will supply all labor, materials, and equipment necessary to complete the work in accordance with these specifications. The total quantities and type of work estimated in the Bid Schedule is representative of the estimated quantities; however, these quantities may be revised by the City to represent actual field conditions at the time of construction.
MINIMUM MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS:
The City of Longmont is seeking qualified contractors with applicable experience comparable to the Scope of Work, as described above, for the Pike Road Improvements project. Bidders must meet or exceed the following minimum qualification criteria in order to be considered for award:
- Qualified Contractors shall have successfully completed the construction of at least two (2) qualifying projects of similar scope and complexity to this project within the last seven (7) years. Projects of similar scope and complexity shall include projects valued no less than $2,000,000 that required horizontal roadway construction, wet utility installation or modifications, and traffic signal installation. Project(s) shall be listed as one of the three projects of similar nature when completing the Attachment D – Bidder’s Comparable Project Data form, included with the Bid Submittal Documents. Any Contractor that fails to comply with this requirement will be considered non-responsive.
- The Contractor’s representative who is directly responsible for managing the project and the Contractor’s on-site representative who has immediate charge on a daily basis shall each have satisfactorily completed the same responsibilities on at least two (2) qualifying projects of similar scope and complexity in the last seven (7) years. Representatives shall be employed by Contractor. Contractor’s representative(s) shall be listed as one of the principal members when completing the Attachment F – Bidder’s Officials and Key Personnel Data form, included with the Bid Submittal Documents. Any Contractor that fails to comply with this requirement will be considered non-responsive.
- Qualifying projects must have been performed for federal, state or local government agencies. Projects performed for developers or private entities will not be considered as qualifying projects.
- Qualifying projects must have been performed principally by the bidding Contractor’s own forces. Work performed principally by other contractors or subcontractors will not be considered as qualifying. If Contractor is utilizing a subcontractors for completing part of the Project, Contractor shall submit the Attachment G – Subcontractor’s Qualification Data form for the subcontractor completing the specified scope of work. Subcontractors shall have satisfactorily completed the same responsibilities and successfully completed work of similar scope and complexity. Any contractor that fails to comply with this requirement for subcontractor reporting may be considered non-responsive.
- It is mandatory that all Contractors fully complete the Comparable Construction Project Experience form and provide all materials requested herein. Any Contractor that fails to comply with this requirement could be considered non-responsive.