Specifications include, but are not limited to:
1. Temperature range from 400 Kelvin to less than 2 Kelvin. Temperature stability of better than 0.2%, accuracy of better than 2%. Cooldown time from 300 K to 2 K of 60 minutes or faster.
2. Liquid cryogen-free.
3. Magnetic field of at least 9 Tesla, 12 Tesla preferred. Field uniformity of better than 0.2%, field resolution of 0.3 Gauss or better.
4. PC control of the sample environment (temperature and magnetic field) and electrical measurements.
5. Probe and electronics for DC electrical resistivity measurements. At least 10 electrical feedthrus. Sensitivity of 20 nV RMS or better. Current range from 2 nA to 5 mA or wider.
6. Modular design for custom electrical, magnetic, and thermal measurements.
7. Ability to continuously rotate samples with respect to magnetic field.