Specifications include, but are not limited to: 1. The consulting engineering services required may consist of project inspection, quality assurance, review of CPM schedules and shop drawings, documentation services, and other related duties as assigned.
2. The consultant will supply experienced construction and materials inspection personnel. All inspectors must be certified through WVTRET.
3. The personnel shall have a working knowledge of WVDOT-DOH standards, specifications, WVDOH Traffic Control manual, Materials Certification, materials testing procedures, as well as being certified by the DOH for sampling and testing aggregate, Portland cement concrete, bituminous concrete, compaction testing and possess nuclear certifications in the State of West Virginia. The knowledge and certifications required of a given individual will depend on the specific item(s) being inspected and /or sampled/tested.
4. It is the intent that the majority of the required materials testing be conducted by personnel capable of performing the complete field inspection of the affected items.
5. In addition, the inspectors shall be knowledgeable of good construction and surveying practices and procedures; able to interpret contracts, special provisions, plans and specifications, proposals, able to perform project layout and assist in project finalization; able to exercise good judgment; able to use engineering, testing and office equipment; be accurate and neat in recording data and preparing records and able to maintain a harmonious relationship with the Department, other governmental agencies, contractors, and the public.
6. The consultant will supply all necessary transportation, laptop, and communication devices for its personnel.
7. The Department will supply field offices, storage buildings, and office equipment per normal construction contract specification items or reasonable access to the same as it deems necessary.
8. The Consultant personnel shall be proficient in using SiteManager, or have attended the Site manager training class for preparation and maintenance of project records and documentation. The Department will supply Department required forms to the Consultant. In order to use SiteManager the following is required:
Internet Explorer 11 is the only web browser supported for accessing Citrix. You should not try to access Citrix with any other browser, due to it causing connection problems with Internet Explorer 11 once done. Consultants should have their own IT staff to setup their Citrix connections and have them login to test once everything has been approved and they have access. Consultants must register their accounts through this link so that they can unlock their accounts or reset their passwords: https://aka.ms/ssprsetup