Specifications include, but are not limited to: A qualified Contractor to install bus stop shelters at predetermined locations throughout
Benton and Franklin Counties, without interruption of service to our customer’s and in compliance with
local, federal and state requirements, codes and ordinances. 1. Standard shelter sizes are roughly 5’ feet deep and 8’, 10’, and 12’ feet wide, with cantilevered
2. The shelters have a side panel that offer protection from wind and weather.
3. The shelters come in semi pre-constructed modular packages designed for ease of installation
(includes the solar lights and the motion sensor installed in the appropriate roof beam).
4. All glazing is clear tempered safety glass.
5. Wiring is concealed within the structure of the shelter for current electronics (senor activated
lighting) and future implementation of on-time arrival technology displays.
6. All shelters are designed to meet all Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
7. Shelter are supplied with all hardware and ground anchors necessary for installation and shipped
KD (knock down).
8. The bus stop shelters can be assembled at bus stop locations with common electric and hand
tools. A fork lift or similar vehicle maybe required for loading and unloading shelters.
9. All sites will be prepped by BFT for shelter installation.