Specifications include, but are not limited to: A. Pre-Audit
During the Pre-Audit the Auditor shall:
1. Provide a notice to be posted at the facility being audited with his or her contact information
60 days prior to the audit for confidential communication.
2. Communicate with the Virginia Sexual and Domestic Action Alliance, a victim advocacy
group under contract with the DOC.
3. Ensure that the Agency/Facility Questionnaire is available online and accessible to the
Statewide PREA Coordinator, Regional PREA Analyst and Facility Compliance Manager
at least six (6) weeks prior to the audit date.
During the Audit Phase the Auditor shall:
1. Conduct an On-Site Facility Tour and provide instructions/facility guidance for conducting
2. Review additional documentation.
3. Conduct interviews with the following in accordance with the PREA Audit Instrument
provided by the PREA Resource Center.
PREA Compliance Manager
Random sample of staff