Specifications include, but are not limited to:
1. The winter maintenance contract is supplementary to Town Highway Department
maintenance to ensure pedestrian and vehicular ingress and egress from the police
department as well as utility access. The police department remains open 24 X 7 and
does not close due to inclement weather or winter storms and therefore is required to
2. The Department of Public Works or staff from the Waste Water Division may
periodically plow Lucius Shaw Lane, the parking area, and the impound lot.
3. The contractor is responsible to prevent snow and ice accumulation during and after a
a. on the entrance walkway
b. sidewalk frontage to the building
c. drive to the sally port
d. the drive into the garage adjacent to the police building
e. walkway up to the staff entrance door
g. parking areas
h. gate frontage to the fuel tanks and the generator
i. impoundment lot
j. the maintenance and fuel delivery driveway to the end of the gravel surface.
k. the apron fronting the 3-bay garage building.
l. Lucius Shaw Lane from Seymour Street to the police car parking area at the impound
m. The fire hydrant at the corner of Lucius Shaw Lane and the maintenance drive.
4. The contractor is responsible for post-storm clean up to maintain accessibility to the
building and all related utilities.
5. The contractor is NOT to apply salt to any concrete surfaces. Other non-corrosive icemelt substances may be used.
6. Some of the work requires hand shoveling in addition to mechanized operations.
7. The contractor will provide a 24 X 7 contact number to police dispatch.