Specifications include, but are not limited to: The vehicles bid on must be specially equipped “Police Packages” as marketed by the
manufacturer. The vehicle must be equipped with features designed for the following
withstand 24 hour /7 day per week use;
withstand excessive idling; high-speed performance and handling;
provide for simultaneous seating of a minimum of two (2) adults in the front and two (2)
adults in the rear of the vehicle;
an electrical system to provide adequate power and amperage to power mechanical
emergency lights, siren, radio equipment, speed monitoring equipment, audio/video
equipment, over and above and without interfering with normal electrical requirements of
sufficient console and trunk space for electrical equipment and storage.
B. Minimum Specifications – Both Vehicles
Engine & Drive Train
1. Minimum displacement 3.4 Liters.
2. Minimum Cylinder Configuration: V-6.
3. Fuel: Gasoline, operational rating for engine with 87 octane fuel. Vendor must provide
EPA estimates on miles per gallon, both “highway” and “city” ratings. “Flex Fuel”
vehicles are preferred.
4. Electronic fuel injection.
5. Air cleaner, heavy duty
6. Alternator, 12 volt, 120 AMP minimum.
7. Antifreeze rated to –40 degrees Fahrenheit, permanent type.