Specifications include, but are not limited to: The City of Montpelier is seeking proposals from area non-profit housing developers who are interested in utilizing HTF funds of approximately $110,000 for FY20.
Priority in all awards intended for use in acquiring, constructing, rehabilitating or financing affordable housing shall be given, in the following order of preference, to projects where there is a strong likelihood that:
1. Newly constructed or converted/rehabilitated housing that will result in a net gain in the number of affordable homes in the city;
2. Housing will be affordable to persons with incomes below 80% of county median as determined by HUD;
3. Fund monies for multi-family dwellings will make the home affordable to eligible households in perpetuity;
4. If an award is made for home ownership, affordability shall be for a period of at least 15 years;
5. In the case of awards for home ownership, the housing contains two or more bedrooms and can be occupied by households with children;
6. The housing consists of accessory apartments for year-round residents.
7. The housing increases opportunities for those in federally and state defined protected classes