Specifications include, but are not limited to: Additional OSP engineering
resources and invites you to submit a proposal to provide OSP engineering and design, permitting, final inspection and as-built
services for UTOPIA fiber optic network construction projects. Engineering candidates will be required to:
• Receive high level designs documents include KMZ files, preliminary bill of
materials, and plat data from UTOPIA and engineer those into a design infrastructure.
• Design the infrastructure to a suitable scale. Design requirements include but are not
limited to plotting a running line, identifying the locations of major features such as
poles, manhole lids, hydrants, and underground utilities. Conduit, handholds, and
aerial features would be necessary. Overhead imagery would also be necessary for the
design of the plant.
• Produce scaled drawings and deliver hard copy printouts of sections of the network to
the permitting agencies and the contractors for construction as required. Maintain and
manage contacts with permitting agencies, ROW entities etc., and submit for permit
as well as provide needed documents for pole attachments, canals, and BLM so that
construction contractors can proceed with requesting and receiving the permits.
• Create progress reports on the design of the network. Track and document any and all
changes from original design. Soft copies shall be given to UTOPIA.
• Create the fiber optic cable distribution and splicing design. Create plans for fiber
placement, document fiber aggregation and splice points, create splice diagrams or
cut sheets, FAT (fiber allocation table (UTOPIA template), and identify materials
needed for each splice location. Cable tag placement on all cables included with