Specifications include, but are not limited to: 1. All pinyon and juniper trees within the designated treatment area are to be removed.
2. All live and dead standing pinyon and juniper trees shall be chipped, shredded, or mulched and completely severed from the
3. No live limbs shall be left on the stumps of cut trees and stump height shall not exceed 6 inches measured on the uphill side.
4. All main branches or stems shall be cut from the trunk of the tree.
5. All surplus vegetation and slash shall be mulched or cut, such that no woody piece is greater than 3 feet in length.
6. Any pinyon or juniper tree or sapling that cannot be removed by bull hog machinery must be removed by a hand crew
utilizing chainsaws or loppers.
7. Mulch depth shall not exceed six (6) inches. If mulch exceeds six inches in depth the Contractor shall spread the mulch either
mechanically or by hand.
8. The Project Inspector will measure depths to determine the uniformity of the mulching operation.