Specifications include, but are not limited to:
I. Upgrade or replace the existing SCADA system. It is preferred that the
existing field devices, including the installed PLCs and instrumentation, be
retained and integrated to a new “head end” SCADA platform.
II. Development of analytical and reporting capabilities.
III. Support for tablet devices for use by operators and operations
The proposer will be expected to deliver:
1. A design for the SCADA system, including required hardware, software and
communications, as described in this RFP, documenting the proposed configuration of
all components at each site, to be submitted and approved prior to the
commencement of installation work
2. SCADA system software, including application platform, user interface,
configuration/administration tools, data archiving, reporting and alarm management
capabilities, with system and user documentation.
3. Proposed equipment, procured, configured and installed in a manner conforming to
approved design submittal and meeting all applicable City standards.
4. Training, instructions and documentation to enable City staff to effectively operate
and maintain the system.
5. System maintenance and support for a period of a minimum of three years following
acceptance of the system.
6. Services for the deployment of tablet devices to mobile operators. The tablet devices
will be purchased separately by the City.