Specifications include, but are not limited to:
The artwork selected for this project should address one or more of the
1. Wood carved sculpture to reflect the purpose of Wheeler Historic
Farm; what they do and who they serve; specifically, the animals
who live on the farm property.
2. To be playful, engaging, and educational.
3. To appeal to the demographics (children and adults) of those
visiting Wheeler Historic Farm.
4. To complement the surrounding park environment.
5. To be a quality work of art.
6. The work must be able to hold up and be easily maintained in a
7. The work must be safe for a public setting
The Artist(s) awarded a contract will perform the following tasks:
1. Assure the project requirements are met; assure the best value of
the project is met; assure the project budget is not exceeded;
expedite the project to completion and to encourage a unified
approach by all members of the County project team.
2. Prepare and submit detailed working drawings of the artwork and
its site at the project to County project team for approval.
3. Prepare and submitted proposed timeline for Artist’s services
including fabrication, transportation, and installation of artwork.
4. Prepare artwork in accordance with approved design.
5. Proved approved engineering drawings for the artwork for required
foundation. County will provide foundation per engineer drawings.
6. Transport artwork to site.
7. Install artwork at site.
8. Site Safety: The selected Artists and their staff will be required to
conform to OSHA safety requirements and other requirements
imposed by the construction Contractor while on site. Copies of
relevant documents will be made available to finalists upon request.
The Artist will be solely responsible for all aspects of the job site
safety relevant to their work.
9. Provide maintenance instructions as necessary and information
regarding the artwork and its creation.
10.Provide proof of insurance.
11.Provide maintenance for one year after the installation is accepted
by County project team.