Specifications include, but are not limited to: Logan City School District (the “District”) is accepting bids for services of qualified licensed registered nurses (RNs) to work with students with intensive health care needs.
1. The vendor shall provide consistent nursing services for student(s) with disabilities ages 3-22 needing medical care in any of the district’s school.
2. The vendor shall provide up to 2 hours per week RN services for the purpose of overseeing Health Care Plans for students with and without disabilities.
3. Number of students: Based on an individual Health Care Plan, nurses may be working 1:1, or in some rare cases when Health Care Plans allow, 1:2. The District currently provides nursing services to two students; however, the number varies over with time.
4. School hours: The hours coincide with the student’s school schedule. Hours may begin at the student’s home 15 minutes before the bus arrives and ends 15 minutes after the students return home. The nurse may ride the bus with the student. The nurse is responsible for the medical care of the student beginning at the home, during the ride to school, during the school day, including field trips, and on the ride home. If the student does not ride the school bus the nurse will meet the student at the school and remain with the student until the student is picked up from school.
5. Days needed for the year: The school calendar begins for students in mid to late August and ends then end of May or early June. The possibility of 12-15 days may be added for Extended School Year services.