Specifications include, but are not limited to: Hepatitis C Virus Elisa Testing Supplies, primarily for the Health
Department. The City shall order all of its supplies and/or services from one or more successful bidders
(contractors) from time to time as needed. 1. Assay is performed manually (but can be semi or fully automated)
2. Must be a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) moderate complexity or high
3. It must be an FDA-approved enzyme-linked, immunosorbent assay for the qualitative detection of
antibody to hepatitis c virus (anti-HCV) in human serum.
Testing for HCV Infection: An update of guidance for clinicians and Laboratorians. Published by
MMWR, on May 7, 2013, Early Release/Vol. 62
4. Individual single use tests are not appropriate for this methodology.
5. The vendor should include pricing that identifies the basic cost per test, supplies (to produce one
(1) test result: reagents/controls/consumables and maintenance. The pricing should also show if
there are different costs for different sized tests kits. Please indicate how many tests are in the kit
size on the bid form.