Specifications include, but are not limited to: 1. LEVEL 1 SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE:
1) Visual inspection – Visual inspection of overall condition of unit to identify damage,
unusual wear, foreign objects, loose or broken fittings, guards, and components.
2) Wipe off unit – Clean oil, coolant, fuel, and acid deposits. Police generator area;
3) Confirm all switches/breakers are in normal operating position
b. Cooling System:
1) Radiator/Heat Exchanger – Visual inspection for leaks, damage, and debris. Inspect
radiator cap and seals. Check louver operation.
2) Coolant – Visual inspection for correct level and condition of coolant (rust, oil, and
contaminants). Check coolant conditioner concentration and temperature protection.
Inspect filler cap gasket and sealing surface.
3) Hoses and Connections – Visual inspection of all hoses for deterioration.
4) Fan Drive Pulley and Fan – Inspect for loose or worn pulleys, and lube fan drive bearing,
if needed. Check fan operation and clearance.
5) Fan Belts – Inspect for wear or deterioration.
6) Jacket Water Heater – Inspect for proper operation.
7) Water Pump – Visual and operational inspection for leaks or unusual noises.
c. Fuel System:
1) Fuel Tank – Visually inspect fuel tank system for leaks and fuel level. Test day tank pump
for proper operation.
2) Water Trap/Separator – Drain water from fuel tank or water separator when possible.
3) Fuel Lines and Connections – Inspect for leaks.
4) Governor and Controls – Inspect governor oil level. Inspect controls and linkage.
5) Fuel Filters (Primary/Secondary) – Inspect for damage and leaks