Specifications include, but are not limited to: 4.1 General Requirements
A. The Contractor shall manufacture beam, deliver and install, and provide
appurtenances and incidentals necessary for a complete and functioning lifting
B. The Contractor shall manufacture lifting beam as per specification and drawings
outlined in this Scope of work.
C. The purpose of this lifting beam is to use with a gantry crane to lift and place steel
stoplogs at the Choke Canyon Dam.
1. The Contractor shall manufacture lifting beam as per drawings attached in
Attachment A-1. Drawings indicate the design, sections and weights of
members. The Contractor shall not change drawings or specification without
written permission from the Contract Administrator.
2. The Contractor shall perform thermal cutting by machine to greatest extent
possible. The Contractor shall plane thermally cut edges to be welded to
comply with requirements in American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1
3. The Contractor shall cut, drill or punch bolt holes perpendicular to metal
surfaces. All holes shall be American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
standard unless noted otherwise.
4. The Contractor shall accurately finish ends of column and other members
transmitting bearing loads.
5. The Contractor shall clean and prepare steel surfaces that are to remain
unpainted according to (Society of Protective Coating) SSPC- SP 2, Hand Tool
6. The Contractor must comply with AWS D1.1 for welding procedure
specifications, tolerances, appearance and quality of welds and for methods
used in correcting welding work.
7. The Contractor shall assemble and weld built-up sections by methods that will
maintain true alignment of axes without exceeding tolerances of AISC’s code
of Standard practice for Steel Buildings and Bridges for mill material.