Specifications include, but are not limited to:
A. Solution must provide mobile device support including the ability to view content on mobile devices, as
well as any API’s available for use in implementing mobile content.
B. Solution must be fully accessible and compliant with Level 2 of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
C. Interface must be web-based, and does not require a proprietary client to be installed.
D. Solution must support industry standard browsers (i.e. IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari).
E. Solution must include clear navigation and help resources.
F. Solution must provide login “as is” capabilities for support and troubleshooting by permissioned Users.
Bidder must be capable of providing the following:
1. Standardize COI collection
2. Pull past data forward for persons completing COI
3. Identify COI(s) with a positive response
4. Track mitigations (management plans)
5. Store templates for management plans to assure standardized approach
6. Provide capacity for multiple reviewers
7. Allow more than one COI form to be used (General and research)
8. Provide capability to look at an individual over several years