Specifications include, but are not limited to: Ship: Ship pump –motor that has shorted winding and damaged impeller, two spare stator and one spare rotor from Fayette Power Project (FPP) to vendor facility.
Receive: Delivery of shipment, unload assembly from carrier. Visually inspect condition of motor assembly, stator and rotor.
Disassemble: Motor case and cover (Remove all studs and nuts), rotating assembly, impeller assembly, thrust disc assembly, pump end radial bearing assembly.
Clean: Clean and flush new and old stator to remove debris within windings, slots and outside /inside stator shell. Clean all mechanical measurements.
Inspect: Inspect new stator winding and terminal glands.
1. Verify fit and run out of rotor shaft.
2. Verify fits and keyway tolerances of impeller and wear ring.
3. Verify condition of fit running surfaces and key way tolerances of thrust disc.
4. Verify fit and condition of bearing stop pins, journal tilting pads and bearing ring.
5. Verify radial aux wear ring and float clearances, also tolerances for individual components, including main screen, main thrust seat, thrust pad stops, thrust pads, reverse thrust plate, journal tilting pads, reverse thrust seat and bearing ring.
6. Perform mechanical measurement evaluation of all applicable components, (fit, seat, register, location, finishes and clearances including reference to applicable tolerances).