Specifications include, but are not limited to:
All appraisals should be completed using valuation tools primarily and where appropriate online resources. While sometimes needed,
reports shall not rely solely on “experience” but must utilize a valuation tool. Communication with all involved parties is required for a
successful partnership. All appraisal requests shall comply with the following:
1. Acknowledge all claim assignments within one (1) business day of assignment
2. The third-party customer must be contacted within 2 business days of assignment to schedule an appraisal time
3. Complete all appraisal assignments within seven business days unless delay is solely the result of delay from a third-party
resource. Written (e-mail) communication regarding delay completing an appraisal is required.
4. Provide an appraisal report and to METRO no later than fourteen (14) business days from assignment. Turnaround times may
be extended with authorization from METRO Claims Management staff. Reports exceeding the deadline without authorization
will be discounted 15% by the vendor.
5. Provider is required to respond to a body shop requesting supplemental review within 2 business days of request
6. Supplemental report should be completed and provided within 5 business days. If supplement exceeds $1000 the appraiser
must review the damage in person. Supplements under $1,000 review of digital photos would be adequate.
7. METRO is a government entity and thus exempt from taxes for repair. Estimates should be competed excluding tax. METRO
will provide Tax exempt documents upon request.
Appraisal Services Requirements (Auto/Truck/Motorcycle/SUV and Property)
For its initial review, when possible, the Contractor should discuss the estimates with the repair shop if applicable the third party.
Vehicle appraisals shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Vehicle Identification Number, mileage, make, model and year
2. A complete itemized listing of the physical damages, including all parts, labor and paint time necessary to repair the vehicle
3. Total loss evaluations when a vehicle is determined to be a constructive total loss and not economically repairable, to include:
o Condition report
o Local market actual cash value
o Salvage Value (Based on Vehicle Condition)
4. Estimated hours for repair and typical number of days for repair completion
5. A summary of communication during the referral specifically conversation, date, time and topic with body shops or vehicle
Supplements should cause not undue delay on the part of the appraiser. Requests for supplements should be responded to by the
vendor within 48 hours and completed in a timely fashion.
Services shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Appraisals shall be conducted within METRO’s service area
• Flat rate appraisal fee for appraised damages of $10,000 or less for:
o Repairable personal vehicles, including but not limited to, autos, pickup trucks, SUVs and motorcycles
o Residential property and commercial property
• Time-and-expense billing for appraised damages in excess of $10,000
• No mileage fee per service appraisal within the service area of METRO
• Mobile claim assignment and dispatch capabilities
• Free digital photos
• Multi-vehicle location discount and/or dedicated drive-in service one day per week.