Specifications include, but are not limited to: The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County (Metro) is seeking to enter into a five
(5) year contract(s) with a qualified contractor(s) for the provision of three (3) classes of ruggedized
computers; handheld, laptop and tablet in both semi-rugged and ruggedized configurations.
Technical Definitions of Required Units
· Handheld: A mobile computer device designed or one-handed use as a telephone and computing
device, commonly referred to as a smartphone.
· Tablet: A computer device with keyboard and touchscreen capability. Screen can be detached and
used independently from keyboard.
· Laptop: A computer device with keyboard and screen combined that may or may not be detachable
from one another.
· Semi-Ruggedized: Computer adapted for use in the field or non-office environment. Used as a PC
platform in the field or in semi-rough conditions. They will specifically be tested and evaluated in
field conditions. Semi-ruggedized devices must meet military standard 810G and IEC 60529
· Ruggedized: Computer adapted for use in the field in rough conditions. They will be specifically
tested and evaluated in field conditions. Ruggedized devices must meet military standards 810G &
461F, as well as IEC 60529 standard IP65.