Specifications include, but are not limited to: Automatic External Defibrillator (AED). 1. The AED shall function fully automatically.
2. The AED shall have voice and text prompts to guide the user through the rescue process in a simple
step-by-step manner based on current Resuscitation Guidelines.
3. The AED shall have rescue coach user–paced voice instructions to guide the user through the rescue
process for both adult and pediatric patients.
4. The AED shall have a cadence with a metronome sound or verbal prompt.
5. The AED shall have the ability to treat both adult and pediatric patients with the use of pre-connected
6. The AED shall automatically detect the type of defibrillation pads. Upon detection, the AED shall utilize
Automated External Defibrillator User's the appropriate CPR and shock protocols as defined by the
configuration, whether for adult or pediatric use.