Specifications include, but are not limited to: A. Action Submittals:
1. Catalog cuts and specifications:
b. Electrofusion fittings.
c. Joining, including alignment jig, equipment.
d. Debeading equipment.
2. Dimensioned layout drawings including installation details.
3. Samples: Trial field fusion welds, when requested by the OWNER.
B. Informational Submittals:
1. Manufacturer’s Certificates:
a. Certificate of material compliance.
b. CONTRACTOR Certifications:
1) Installer: Certifications of training by pipe bursting system
manufacturer stating that installer have been fully trained in the
use of the pipe bursting equipment by an authorized
representative of the equipment manufacturer.
2) Insertion Equipment Operator: Certification from pipe
manufacturer of training in the proper method for handling and
installing the new pipe.
3) Fusion Equipment Operator: Certifications of training by the
pipe fusion equipment manufacturers that the operators have
been fully trained in the use of the fusion equipment by an
authorized representative of the equipment manufacturer.
2. Design Calculations:
a. Pull/push loads for specified material.
b. Thrust loads for specified material.
3. Test Results: Certified factory. For trial fusion weld testing follow ASTM
4. Installation Plan and Sequencing:
a. Detailed Construction Methods & Procedures:
1) Layout plans to include sequence of construction.
2) Locations, sizes, sequencing for all insertion, receiving, and
3) Arrangement and position of jacks, pipe guides, and backstops
complete in assembled position.
4) Reconnection and restoration of existing service laterals.
5) Detailed descriptions of the methods of modifying and sealing
6) Detailed procedures for the installation and bedding of the new
pipe in the launching and receiving pits.