Specifications include, but are not limited to:
. Units offered under this bid specification shall be new, current year model and of
the latest design and in current production. The manufacturer shall have built
ground-penetrating radar (GPR) equipment for a period of at least ten (10) years.
The service facility shall be in Eastern or Central Time Zone.
2. Materials shall be of good commercial quality for the intended service, and shall
be produced by use of current manufacturing processes. Material shall be treated
to resist rust, corrosion, and excessive wear.
3. Bidders must submit their bid with the latest printed specifications and advertising
literature on the units they propose to furnish.
4. All integral parts not specifically mentioned in the scope of these specifications
that are necessary to provide a complete working unit shall be furnished.
5. Vendors shall provide to the City of Florence all factory bulletins pertaining to the
vehicle or equipment within ten (10) days of receiving the information from the
factory or manufacturer.
6. The equipment offered for bid shall include all standard manufacturers’
equipment and the optional equipment as specified.
7. Each bidder must submit his or her bid on the bid submittal form included in the
invitation to bid package.
8. All written warranties to be submitted shall be attached to the bid submittal form.
9. Warranty shall not require the City of Florence to pay for travel time, labor, or
parts which should be repaired under the warranty even if the manufacturer
and/or vendor representative has to drive to City of Florence to address the
GROUND PENETRATING RADAR SPECIFICATIONS
A. Power Supply: Li-ion battery with Charger
B. Operating Temperature: 0°F highest minimum to 104°F lowest maximum (-20°C to
C. Durability: IP65 (minimum)
D. Maximum Operating Speed: No less than 15 mph
E. Maximum Scan Rate: No less than 1024 scans/second at 700 samples
F. Display: Minimum 10” Color TFT Sunlight-readable Trans missive LCD
G. Antenna: High Dynamic Range 450 MHz
H. Built In GPS: DGPS (SBAS)
I. Training: 1 full day or 8 hours of training to instruct City employees how to properly use
the GPR system (minimum).
J. Warranty: 1 years parts & labor
1. Technical: Complimentary telephone and email support
Bid must include the following options:
1) Additional Battery Pack
2) Additional Battery Charger
3) Rough Terrain Cart
4) Paint Marking System Attachment for Cart
5) Includes (1) day on site Training
6) 450 MHZ Antenna with High Dynamic Range