Specifications include, but are not limited to:. This solicitation is for the procurement of CEW’s and their accessories for the SCDC Division of Security.
Weapon will be a less-lethal Conducted Electrical Weapon (CEW) single shot device that is compact and designed for ease of use and performance. Handle will be large enough for proper use and ergonomic stability in the hand. Weapon will be constructed of high-impact polymer, able to withstand a drop of 4 feet without incurring damage, and will be weather resistant, and capable of operating in temperatures between 0-120 degrees Fahrenheit with 80% non-condensing humidity.
CEW design will provide ease and efficiency of reloading and protection from cartridge blast door damage during field use and be compatible with a tactical performance power magazine with an extension to provide a larger grip on the CEW. Power activation will be easily accessible by left and right-hand operators. Device and magazine will be compatible with 21-ft live cartridges that contain AFID tags when ejected, and which can be assigned to individual users by serial number for cartridge assignment. Cartridges that are compatible for use with the device shall be available for the duration of life of the unit. CEW will admit a current of 0.000063 Coulombs x 19 per second = 0.0012 amperes that may produce up to 50,000 Volts. Holsters designed to carry the CEW securely shall be available in either right- or left-hand orientation. All components will be black or gray in color.. 1. Color- Black
2. Output specifications - Waveform: Precision Shaped Pulse™ technology. Pulse rate: Consistent pulse rate of 19 pulses per second. CEW shall emit a current of 0.000063 Coulombs x 19 per second = 0.0012 amperes that may produce up to 50,000 Volts.
3. Utilizes a TPPM (tactical performance power magazine) for battery pack power source that provides energy for approximately 500 5-second discharges.
4. Operating and storage temperature range: -4 °F [–20 °C] to 122 °F [50 °C].
5. Operating relative humidity: Up to 80% (non-condensing).
6. Estimated useful life: Approximately 5 years.
7. The trigger activates a single cycle (approximately 5 seconds). Holding the trigger down will continue the discharge beyond the standard cycle. The cycle can be stopped by placing the safety switch in the down (SAFE) position.
8. Water resistant to International Electrotechnical Commission Standard 60529 IPX2 Rating. Housing: High-impact polymer construction.
9. High intensity white LED flashlight can select from four modes of illumination.
10. Red class IIIa LASER. Class II LASERs available. The laser is oriented with the mechanical sights. At 15 feet (4.6 m), the aiming point is aligned to the approximate trajectory of a cartridge’s top probe.