Specifications include, but are not limited to: a. Project Kickoff - The purpose of this activity is to facilitate a high-level project kickoff
b. Data Collection - The purpose of this activity is to gather the data necessary to complete the
analysis and defined deliverables with the University.
c. Data Center Assessment and Requirements - The purpose of this task is the following:
1) Assist, by interviewing key staff, in developing the future growth projections
(determine the anticipated load requirements, space allocations and heat loads expected
to be developed).
2) Identify gaps in the ability of the existing data center(s) to fulfill its role for the business
and recommend specific actions to remediate the identified gaps, as well as define the
rough order of magnitude budget and schedule estimates to perform the remediation.
3) Develop the data center facility design requirements and operations criteria for a new
facility. The analysis is based on the data collected.
4) Determine the feasibility of upgrading the data center located at 514 Main Street to
include the current and future requirements of secondary datacenter.
5) Review the draft Data Center Assessment report with the University.
d. Engagement Completion - Finalize, present and provide the final Data Center Assessment
Report to the University