Specifications include, but are not limited to: The purpose of this solicitation is to establish a source or sources of supply for the purchase of repairs for acrylic dentures. ACRYLIC REPAIRS:
Denture Repair (Fracture)
· Broken denture base trimmed and prepared.
· Retentive features created on broken acrylic parts.
· Prepared denture is filled with self-cure resin and placed in pressure pot for 20 minutes.
· Case is removed from pot and finished and polished in the usual manner.
· Completed repairs should be smooth and polished and free from porosity and discoloration.
Denture Repair (Tooth Addition)
· Select proper tooth size and shade.
· Prepare area to receive tooth.
· Prepare tooth for replacement.
· Replace tooth in proper alignment, and occlusion.
· Attach tooth to denture with self-cure resin, and allow to cure.
· Finish and polish repair.
· Survey tooth to be clasped for proper undercut.
· Contour wire clasp to tooth buccal surface.
· Contour wire clasp end into buccal flange area. Secure with acrylic, finish and polish.