Specifications include, but are not limited to: Prequalifying suppliers for potential Emergency Demolition
Services projects for the upcoming fiscal year. These Emergency Demolitions would need to be completed
within 72 hours of being notified by the city that your company has been selected to perform the demolition.
This process is separate from the way in which the City will procure for the demolition of properties when time
is not of the essence. Pre-Demolition:
1. Contractor must obtain an Emergency Razed Building Permit from the City of Providence
Department of Inspection and Standards.
2. Contractor and all subcontractors must provide proof that the City of Providence is listed as
additional insured on the contractor’s liability insurance.
3. Specifications include removal of entire structure, foundation, footing, and slab. 4. Specifications include proper disposal of all debris on site.
5. The use of explosives is not permitted.
6. Sewer line shall be cut and capped at the property line along the street.