Specifications include, but are not limited to: Qualified firms to provide a benchmark compensation study and develop a
comprehensive compensation plan for bargaining unit positions employees and for non-union
positions based on the results of that study. 1. Schedule an initial meeting with the Labor Management Committee to discuss the
process and tasks to be performed to include reasonable dedication of key personnel
to confirm the scope of services, methodology, project time lines, and project
2. Perform an extensive salary and benefits study (to include comparison of each
locality with other local government entities in the local area and comparable
localities around the State, and where applicable, public and private sector
competition in the local area).
3. Salary/wage study should include comparison of any premium pay offered.
4. Evaluate current positions related to public education and government. Rate shall
be compared to surrounding localities, other comparable localities in the State and,
where applicable, public and private sector competition in the local area.
5. Offer recommendations regarding means of pay progression through the proposed
6. Present findings in a written report to the Labor Management Committee. The
written report must also be provided in electronic format.