Specifications include, but are not limited to: 1. Vendors must meet the following requirements to provide
service to RIPTA
2. Vendor must be available 24 hours per day, 365 days per
year to perform service (inclusive of weekends and holidays
if directed by RIPTA)
3. Vendor must be available to provide service to RIPTA within
one business day of the request to perform the service for
normal non-emergency service.
4. Vendor must be available to perform emergency service
within eight (8) hours of the request from RIPTA
Maintenance. Vendor must have service personnel on
site within eight hours for emergency service.
5. Work performed during non-normal work hours at the
convenience of the Vendor shall be billed at the normal
work hour rate.
6. Have sufficient quantities of stock and parts available to
repair Bus Wash Systems in a timely manner.
7. Have sufficient repair personnel on staff to perform all
necessary repair work to Bus Wash systems as directed by
8. The vendor must have all necessary equipment to perform
any repairs. RIPTA will not provide any tools, equipment or
personnel. Vendor must provide all necessary ladders,
elevating platforms etc.
9. 10 years of technical experience in Mechanical, Electrical
and Plumbing (MEP) maintenance and repair, exclusively
pertaining to the Bus Washer Industry.
10. The successful proposer should have complete familiarity
with the operation of the bus wash system as well as the
water reclamation systems installed at the Melrose,
Elmwood and Coddington Garages.
11. Vendor must be licensed as required by applicable sections
of the General Laws of State of Rhode Island
12. All Technicians or Service personnel utilized by the Vendor
must be licensed as required by applicable sections the
General Laws of the State of Rhode Island