Specifications include, but are not limited to: TO FURNISH ALL SUPERVISION, LABOR, MATERIAL, SCAFFOLDING, PERMITS AND EQUIPMENT FOR THE
FOLLOWING PROPOSED WORK:
• ANY AND ALL PERMITS ARE THE RESPONSABILITY OF THE CONTRACTOR (INCLUDING THE
POSSIBILITY OF SHUTTING DOWN THE STREET)
SPOT POINTING: Spot pointing the four exterior walls on the penthouse
• All of the exposed masonry with in these areas of work shall be visually inspected by experienced
• Those joints found to be missing, open, broken, or otherwise judged unsound would be repointed.
Defective mortar would be removed and the joint slot cleaned prior to installing new mortar.
• New mortar would be colored or toned, if necessary, to blend with adjacent sound mortar as closely as
• Remove unused hardware and seal holes.
• Cut out and re-caulk the flashing joint on each wall of the penthouse
• Clean joints to prepare for new joint sealant.
• Install a solid bead of Dow Corning 790 Silicone (or equivalent) to fill the joint void. Sealant shall be
Tooled to insure full compact for side-to-side adhesion. Color of sealant shall be gray.
• Apply a high-quality proven water repellant system such as Prosoco PD Siloxane (or equivalent) on the
exterior block walls of the penthouse.
• Apply two (2) coats (wet on wet) of the non-staining transparent sealer. The Siloxane sealer will
penetrate into the surface and bod chemically to provide long-lasting protection against wind-driven
rain, while still allowing moisture vapor to escape (breathable). By reducing the entry of water into the
surface, it also reduces the problem of efflorescence, dirt build-up, freeze-thaw damage and acid rain
• All dirt and debris created as a result of performing specified work would be cleaned up and removed
from the premises and the work area left in a neat condition.