Specifications include, but are not limited to: The City of Philadelphia (“City”), Department of Commerce, Division of Aviation (“Aviation”)
seeks qualified Applicants (“Applicant(s)”) to provide veterinarian care for the Transportation
Security Administration (TSA) trained Philadelphia Police Department canines (currently eleven
(11); provide prescription Diet Dog Food and supplies, as needed, for the canines. Provide
emergency transport and necessary care, as needed, for airline passenger pets.
All applicants are required to meet or exceed the requirements contained in the Proposal
must be able to provide:
• Emergency Veterinary Services which includes emergency care of animals, 24
hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
• Non-Emergency or routine care of mammals housed and at your facility.
Emergency Veterinary Services
• Provide immediate medical care to sick or injured animals located at PHL
• Comprehensive record keeping including notation of treatment and services.
• All treatment, diagnosis, medication prescription, etc. are to be documented
and provided contact provided by PHL.
Non-Emergency or Routine Services
• All routine and checkup services to TSA and Police canines.
• Provide prescription and Diet Dog Food and supplies
• Provide all medications and Pharmaceuticals
• Treatment & Follow up – Applicant agrees that all subsequent consultations,
document review or follow-up health concerns related to a previously treated
• Disease Management and Prevention.
• General and Supportive Care.