Specifications include, but are not limited to: • be responsible for the safety & health of their employees.
• maintain a work area free from safety, health and environmental hazards.
• ensure that the work activities do not place TriMet staff or the public in a hazardous
situation or adversely affect the environment.
• advise the TriMet project manager of any work that may affect TriMet revenue
• provide all appropriate tools, personal protective equipment (PPE) and machinery to
allow the work to be performed safely and ensure that PPE is worn when required.
• ensure that employees are adequately trained for the work task to be undertaken at
TriMet and furnish cop- ies of training records if requested by a TriMet representative.
• ensure that sub-contractors comply with the TriMet Contractors Safety Guide.
• ensure that contract and sub-contractors employees have received read and
understand site specific safety plans and related JHA’s (job hazard analysis).
• if applicable, submit an approved traffic/pedestrian control plan to the TriMet Project
Manager prior to commencing work for review.