Specifications include, but are not limited to: The
design, replacement and installation of Rhodes Tower Freight – Elevator # 7, Passenger car Science & Research,
Passenger car Physical Education and passenger car for Basic Science. The overall budget is 1.42 million dollars. All of
the elevators are Hydraulic except for Basic Science which is Geared. Modernization will include the following, but not limited to:
• Analyze existing conditions and provide design solutions for issues dealing with the elevator, hoistway, machine
room and surrounding areas for improving accessibility, fire, life safety, structural, drainage, ventilation, noise
reduction and other issues.
• Control systems
• Wiring and travel cables, added card readers, cameras, etc.
• Infrared door protection
• Closed door loop operators
• Car fixtures, finishes and lighting
• Power units and emergency power
• Remote elevator monitoring system
• Energy efficiency evaluation
• Required signage (using campus standards) and compliant with current codes