Specifications include, but are not limited to: 1. Inspect Forty-four (44) NDDOT radio towers and attached equipment of NDDOT Radio network (see attached
list of locations.)
2. Comply with all Federal Communication Commission’s Rules and Regulations.
3. Replace broken bolts, clamps, and repair other minor damage on tower, flashhead, and antennae. Inspect
transmission lines for bullet holes or other visible damage. Inspect guy wires, anchors and associated hardware.
4. Clean inside and outside the strobe lens. Tighten all electrical terminals including strobe tube leg/terminals.
5. Repair and tape loose coaxial harness on open loop antennas using aluminum tape.
6. All connectors will be courtesy taped and properly weatherproofed.
7. Perform necessary preventative maintenance on flashhead; relamp specific site according to and as instructed
by NDDOT. The State will provide the replacement flash tubes as needed at the sites indicated in the solicitation.
All tubes issued must be accounted for by returning the old one to the NDDOT Central Radio Shop. All other minor
parts, hangers, tape, vapor wrap, etc. will be provided as needed for routine maintenance by the contractor under
8. Conduct a complete inspection on each tower providing the results in writing for each using the attached form
or a similar form approved by NDDOT. Contractor must include irreparable or major items of concern in the report.
Contractor must also provide the NDDOT with pictures of items of concern and items that may need to be repaired
or replaced. Reports must be completed for all towers annually and are due at the end of December of each year.
9. Mileage and labor/drive time should be included in the monthly routine maintenance and inspection rate. This
bid item is to also include an annual detailed inspection report with pictures of each site/tower listed in the
10. Remit monthly billing to NDDOT.