Specifications include, but are not limited to: 1) Develop or redesign a Native American language teacher preparation programs that creates
a pathway to teaching for prospective educators.
2) Develop or redesign Pueblo Language teacher preparation programs that create a pathway
to teaching for prospective educators.
3) Develop a preparation model that will address diversity, quality, and the needs of the
partner schools/ districts.
4) Develop a 5 year strategic plan and curriculum for increasing the number of Native American
Language teachers in New Mexico. The plan will include
• Strategies to recruit, place and train for teacher preparation program candidate
through culturally and linguistically responsive frameworks and curriculum
• The development of best practices to engage teaching candidates through and
equity lens to educate Native American students.
5) Design and Implement a 4 week Summer institute for Native American Language and Culture
teachers in partnership with local school districts and the Public Education Department.
6) Create and implement a plan for embedded professional development w/districts and
charter schools, including Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) schools during the traditional