Specifications include, but are not limited to: Installing
a new concrete sidewalk, with associated minor roadway and drainage improvements for
approximately 2,000-feet of Whittier Street in Dover. • Roadway reconstruction including minor shoulder widening involving gravels, paving and
new granite curbing.
• Construction of new concrete sidewalks.
• Construction of new mailboxes within the new sidewalk.
• Existing driveway apron reconstruction.
• Construction of new resident mailboxes per City Standards.
• Adjustment of utility covers.
• Installation of drainage structures along the new granite curbing. Existing gas main is in
close proximity to the proposed drainage structures. The contractor shall take necessary
precautions and coordinate drainage work with the utility company.
• Minor slope grading and turf establishment at back of sidewalk.
• Contractor shall be aware that existing water service and shut-offs are planned to be relocated
by the City prior to the sidewalk construction proposed with the project for Bid herein.
• Relocation of 6 Utility Poles by others. Work shall be coordinated with the City of Dover.
The contractor shall be aware of utility work schedule.