Specifications include, but are not limited to: • Transferring and disposing both hazardous and non-Resource Conservation and Recovery
Act (RCRA) pharmaceutical waste, which includes but is not limited to(please see the
Department of Correction Additional Requirements):
• Physically going to all unit medication rooms (up to 15 total) to pick up
pharmaceutical waste once (1) a month Monday through Friday between the hours
• Providing replacement containers prior to the removal of any hazardous waste
containers, which shall be:
• State-of-the-art disposable and reusable containers.
• Color-coded and labeled per requisite regulatory compliance for user-friendly
disposal procedures and processes.
• Providing waste profiles, supplies, and safety data sheets.