Specifications include, but are not limited to: Stripping a Resilient Tile Floor:
1. Walk through area noting problem spots; remove all sticky insoluble substances such as gum.
2. Dust mop the floor to remove any loose soils, paper clips, sand, dust, foreign objects, etc.
3. Strip the base boards and corners using wax stripper and scrub brush.
4. Strip floors, small areas at a time using “floor strippers” according to label directions.
5. Using stripping pads (or equivalent), agitate the area.
6. Remove the stripper using a wet/dry vacuum or mop and bucket with clean water.
7. Flood rinse the area with cool, clean water.
8. Pick up excess water and using a wet/dry vacuum or mop and bucket.
9. A second rinse may be needed.
10. Place caution signs around area until it is completely dry.
Building a Shine on a VCT Resilient Tile Floor:
1. Check floor, making sure that it is totally dry and free of any old finish or stripper residue.
a. If there is a whitish cast, this could indicate stripper or old finish still remains on the floor. If
necessary, re-strip the floor.
2. Floor temperature should be above 54 degrees F for proper curing of finish.
3. Select and apply the proper floor finish.
4. Allow floor finish to dry completely.
5. Apply the proper number of coats of finish per manufacturer’s recommendation.