Specifications include, but are not limited to: 1) 10,000 books.
2) Underrun not to exceed 10%. No overrun allowed.
SIZE/FORMAT: 1) Perfect bound book with 160 inside text pages plus a 4 page cover.
2) Finished size: 8.5" x 11" x approximately 5/16” thick.
3) Inside text printed 4CP throughout; cover printed 4/1 in process color over
PAPER: 1) INSIDE TEXT: white 60# smooth opaque offset text having 30% or more
postconsumer waste content, such as Cascades “Rolland Opaque” smooth.
2) COVER: white 65 lb. smooth opaque cover having 30% or more postconsumer waste
content, such as Cascades “Rolland Opaque” smooth.
3) NOTE: According to New Hampshire Statute, RSA Chapter 9-C: 9, I, effective September 9,
2008, “uncoated printing and writing paper purchased by or for state agencies shall contain not
less than 30% recycled material and coated printing paper purchased by or for state agencies
shall contain not less than 10% recycled material.” In this context, “recycled material” shall be
construed to mean “postconsumer waste material”, as given in the definitions under RSA Chapter
9-C: 2, IV. If NH Bureau of Graphic Services determines that this standard can be met without
special-making the paper, then any bid based on a lower level of recycled content may be
4) Bidders must identify the brand and product names of the proposed cover and text
stock and their respective postconsumer waste contents with this bid. Upon request,
bidders may also be required on short notice to furnish samples of their proposed
COMPOSING: 1) Print-ready files will be provided in Adobe InDesign CS6, PC platform, or press-quality
PROOFS: 1) Printer must provide one hard copy color proof of the whole book. Laser-printed is
acceptable. Proof must be fully assembled in correct page order, bound by some
means and trimmed to actual book size.
2) Send or deliver proof to Attn: Lisa Phelps, NH Department of Safety Warehouse, 41
Hazen Drive, Concord NH 03305. Phone (603) 223-8085. Refer to “DSMV 320:
Commercial Driver Manual” on the outside of the proof envelope.
3) Print production may not commence before final proof approval by NH Division of
PRINTING: 1) INSIDE TEXT: 4/4 in process color throughout. Offset or digital print is acceptable. If
digital, reproduction must be from electronic originals, not hard copy scans, and print
resolution must be indistinguishable from offset print quality at normal reading
distance. Medium coverage, no large solids, no bleeds.
2) COVER: 4/1 in black ink. Light coverage, no solids, no bleeds.