Specifications include, but are not limited to: The City of Billings Public Works Department is soliciting proposals from qualified
Consultants to provide engineering planning, design, bidding, construction administration
and startup services for the development of a water treatment plant on the west end of
Water treatment plant project phasing will be divided into preliminary design, detailed
design, bidding, construction inspection and administration, and start-up assistance. This
RFP is requiring the Consultant to address all project phases in the proposal; however,
the initial project scope and Contract will be for the Preliminary Design phase only.
• Complete a site-specific water treatment technology alternatives analysis including
performance comparisons and construction and O&M cost estimates
• Develop a WTP Preliminary Design Report including schedule, phasing, cost and
operations recommendations for a 20mgd WTP.
• Design intake and pump station facilities from the reservoir(s)
• Design pretreatment facilities
• Design filtration facilities
• Design disinfection and clearwell facilities
• Design high service pumping and distribution facilities to connect into the existing
City water distribution system
• Design architectural building(s)
• Develop life-cycle cost estimates of recommended facilities.
• Provide permitting and stakeholder assistance for regulatory agencies and other
• Conduct meetings for design review and construction progress with councils,
commissions, task forces, and/or the general public as deemed necessary
throughout the project.
• Complete final design activities, including preparing plans, specifications, contract
documents, and cost estimates.
• Assist with bidding, bid recommendation, contract award, and preparation of
executed contract documents.
• Provide record drawings after completion of construction.
• Provide operation and maintenance manual(s) and start-up assistance.