Specifications include, but are not limited to:
The State seeks financial compliance audit services of the MUS Self-Funded Workers’
Compensation Program for fiscal year 2019. The scope summary and proposal approach are summarized as follows:
• The contractor must provide MUS draft unaudited financial statements the first week in October based on
financial information received from the Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education (OCHE), audit
ready financial statements the second week of October, and final report of audited financial statements by
• The contractor must render an opinion on the financial statements for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2019 and
a Report on Internal Control over Financial Reporting and on Compliance and Other Matters Based on an
Audit of Financial Statements Performed in Accordance with Government Auditing Standards.
• The contractor must examine prior audit report recommendations and include in the audit report an
explanation of any recommendations with which the Program has not complied.
• The contractor must write a management report that addresses management, internal control and compliance
issues. The auditor shall make recommendation to management as appropriate. The auditor's estimate of the
cost of implementing recommendations shall be included.
• The contractor must prepare a summary of recommendations, including notation of Program concurrence or
• The contractor must print and submit 4 copies of the bound report and an electronic version of the final report
to OCHE by October 31, 2019