Specifications include, but are not limited to: The STATE OF MONTANA, Department of Natural Resources and Conservation ("State") is seeking a contractor
to provide the services necessary to conduct an annual sustainable yield calculation for forested State Trust Lands
for the State of Montana.
a) Data Compilation
The contractor will use available DNRC GIS and inventory data provided by the Forest Management Bureau in Missoula, Montana, to include plot data collected in 2014, plot data collected in 2018 and stand level inventory data.
i) Data formatting and entry into the USFS Forest Vegetation Simulator (FVS) and Remsoft’s Woodstock optimization program.
• DNRC data provided for this requirement includes plot data, Stand Level Inventory descriptors, and descriptions of the silvicultural regimes, and other management constraints. The contractor will be responsible for formatting the DNRC data and building the silvicultural regimes using FVS.
b) Annual Sustained Yield Calculation
i) DNRC requires the annual sustained yield calculation to consider, but not be limited to, the following items:
• The management philosophy, silvicultural regimes, spatial and temporal scheduling factors, and resource management standards (RMS) contained in DNRC’s Forest Management Administrative Rules (ARMs) and policies.
• Accessibility of DNRC forested land for the purpose of harvesting timber.
• Physical capability of DNRC forest land to grow trees.
• All state and federal laws that have the potential to influence timber yields from forested state land.
• Operability constraints due to topography, wet areas, low potential productivity for tree growth, and economics.
• Administrative constraints due to policy or law.
• The effects of leases, conservation easements and licenses for special uses of DNRC forest land.