The City of Taylor is currently implementing a new ERP system using Oracle Cloud and NetSuite platforms. Related to this project, the City seeks to contract with a qualified vendor or vendors to provide Information Technology (IT) Professional Services related to data extraction and other services from the City’s current ERP software to the new Oracle platform. The City currently uses New World IBM AS400/IBM iSeries. The successful firm would need knowledge of RPG and CL programming and DB2 data structure. Modules include building department inspections/permits, business licensing, council agenda system, payroll, death certificates, etc…
In regards to the above project, the successful firm(s) will work with multiple City departments and representatives from Ciber HTC/GovSense (Oracle Agents) on a variety of programming functions necessary to ensure the successful migration and/or conversion of data from the old software (New World IBM AS400) to the new Oracle software platform. Below is a more extended list of services needed. Other services may be identified later.
- Data extracts from AS400 for all modules/departments that City be implementing in Oracle.
- For Example: Permit data, Plan Data, Water Billing, Utility Billing, etc.
- This data should include all the fields/information City wants to carry over to Oracle. (Fields would be things like Permit Type, Permit Expiration Data, Square Footage, etc.
- The firm will also need to assist Oracle with understanding the data model in the AS400.
- Oracle will need a “data dictionary” of sorts, essentially explaining what the Field Name / Type in AS400 is (Example: pmt_typ = Permit Type)
- Once Oracle has the data above, they will then do the mapping, which may need assistance from the firm with the explanation of the fields.