Specifications include, but are not limited to: 1. Contractor to furnish, at rental cost, portable chemical toilets that are clean and waterproof, for use at City
Utilities' recreational sites and other sites as requested. Units to be approximately 48" deep, 48" wide, 96"
high, and meet federal and state standards.
2. Contractor is to deliver portable chemical toilets in serviced condition and set up on site as requested by
City Utilities' employees. All deliveries are to be made on the requested day before 4:00 pm. Rental rates (and
delivery/pickup fees if separate) shall be stated below.
3. Contractor will pick up toilets as requested by City Utilities' employees. Rental charges will stop on the day
of the request to pick up the unit.
4. Any damages or loss to portable chemical toilets rented by City Utilities due to vandalism, theft, or any other
event beyond City Utilities' control are the sole responsibility of the contractor. Related services, adjustments,
replacements, cleanings, graffiti removal, etc. are to be made at any time at no additional cost to City Utilities.
City Utilities will not move any portable chemical toilet from any location, and will advise contractor of any
5. Contractor must be available 24 hours a day seven days a week to receive service calls.
6. Scheduled services are defined to include:
A. Pumping and flushing with chemicals.
B. Elimination of dirt and dust.
C. Sanitation of toilet seat, urinal and surrounding areas.
D. Removal or covering with paint graffiti and messages marked on the inside of the units.
E. Routine maintenance and repair of door locks, handles, hinges, seats or any other internal or external defect
that would affect the operation of the toilet.
7. Any service complaints must be resolved within 24 hours by the contractor. Any service complaints extending
beyond the 24 hours will result in a prorated deduction from the monthly charge for every day the complaint is
allowed to continue and/or may result in cancellation of this agreement.
8. City Utilities' personnel will furnish a purchase order release number when a delivery is required.
9. Itemized invoices for each location are to be submitted at the end of each month. Invoices must include:
purchase order number, release number, location of units, number of units, rental period, service days, unit cost
and extended cost.
10. Present locations and number of units for "long term" portable chemical toilets at recreation areas
(quantities and locations may be increased or decreased by City Utilities at any time):
Three (3) units at Springfield Lake and four (4) units at Fellows Lake. Two of the units at Lake Springfield are
behind a locked gate and will require coordination with lakes employees for entry to service. Other units are
behind gates that are locked during nighttime hours only.
Units shall be serviced on Mondays and Fridays each week of May, June, July, August, and September.
Units shall be serviced on Fridays each week of January, February, March, April, October, November, and December.