Specifications include, but are not limited to: • Review and evaluate potential annexation areas.
• Evaluate both short-term and long-term impacts of potential areas to annex, including:
o The ability of the City to provide public services;
o Potential facility and service needs for the study area including streets and road
maintenance, public safety (police protection), parks and recreation, solid waste, animal
control, water and sewer services, and other public services;
o A financial assessment of projected revenues and expenses, and the impacts on City
operations, public services and infrastructure for various annexation scenarios;
o Whether annexation would promote future City expansion or eliminate a surrounded
o Assessment of compliance with the City of O’Fallon Comprehensive Plan and Future
Land Use Map; and
o Compliance with St. Charles County annexation requirements.
• Coordinate and compile the information and data gathered from the study with input from the
City of O’Fallon, including all Departments affected by the annexation.
• Review and analyze current and potential land uses and zoning designations.
• Work as an extension of City staff, maintain an open dialogue with staff and work closely with
the City Project Manager as the analysis progresses.
• Develop applicable maps, graphs, illustrations and exhibits.
• Prepare and present a report of information that includes recommendations to the City Council.
• Advise and assist in the necessary steps to include the annexation of properties to be placed on
the April 2020 ballot.