Specifications include, but are not limited to: Jackson Public School District (JPSD) is seeking a vendor to provide a high-quality prekindergarten curriculum that effectively develops oral language and early literacy skills.
It is the expectation of JPSD for the curriculum to support and enhance the following
areas that will allow the district’s Pre-K students to be proficient in these areas, prior to
• Motivation: Build a cooperative classroom environment to fuel motivation, with
child-directed instruction, hands-on experiences, ownership of materials, and
interactive online activities, and by supporting and exploring imagination.
• Phonemic Awareness: Teach students how to identify, understand and
manipulate sounds in spoken words.
• Phonological Awareness: Ensure readiness for phonics instruction with short,
• Phonics: Introduce letter-sound relationships systematically, sequentially and
• Vocabulary: Explore vocabulary in quality literature, during instruction and in
• Writing: Use writing as a reinforcement to phonemic awareness and phonics