Specifications include, but are not limited to: The University is requesting a Continuous Carbon Fiber 3D Printer or equivalent that meets or exceeds the
· The system must create 3D prints that would directly replace machined aluminum parts.
· Printer process must include Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) and Continuous Filament Fabrication
· Build volume must be 330 x 270 x 200 mm (13 x 10.6 x 7.9 in) or greater.
· Layer height must meet or exceed 50 μm minimum
· Tensile Strength must meet or exceed 800 MPa and flexural stiffness must meet or exceed 51 GPa
· Capable of handling the following plastics: onyx and nylon white
· Capable of printing the following continuous fibers: Carbon Fiber, Fiberglass, Kevlar, HSHT Fiberglass
· System must have laser assisted bed leveling and in-process laser inspection